Prospect Role helps business customers (e.g. HR, B2B, sales professionals) find, validate, and verify the contact information of relevant business contacts. Prospect Role facilitates this by providing web applications and browser extensions for its customers.
We are committed to respecting everyone’s privacy and design our services with this goal in mind in accordance with European Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regards to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDPR”) and applicable data protection laws.
This privacy notice describes how Prospect Role collects, uses, and shares your personal information. It also outlines how you can access, manage, and control your personal data. If you have any questions, please contact support[at]prospectrole.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
- The Web application
- The Chrome extensions
- The Website
Users who sign-in to our Services
We collect the following information from users who have an account and sign into our application and browser extensions:
- Email address – required for signing into the service
- Billing and payment information – required for our paying subscriptions.
- Messages with our support and sales – required for customer support. We retain in-app chat and email messages between you and our staff.
Automatically collected information
If you are visiting our websites or accessing our applications, we collect the following information provided by your browser or mobile device:
- Pages accessed
- Time of visit
- Time of last visit
- Referring site, application, or service, including the relevant search queries that led you to Prospect Role’s website
- Browser information
- Operating system and device information
Publicly available web data
Our proprietary algorithm scans publicly available sources and retrieves public information. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites.
When a user visits a business social network profile while using the browser extension, we read the minimum data presented on the LinkedIn profile page. This includes publicly available data, such as names, positions and company name and website.
Cookies and tracking
How do we use your data?
To provide the Service.
We use User Data in delivery, maintenance and enhancement of the Service, to provide support and to prevent or address technical or security issues.
To communicate with you
We may send you service-related messages and notifications. These include notifications that are part of the service. You can fully control whether you receive these types of notifications. We also send administrative messages regarding your Prospect Role subscriptions, technical status updates and other related notifications.
We may also send you messages regarding new product features, helpful tips on using the product, and to offer training and support. You can opt-out from such messages at any time.
For payments and billing
We collect payment and billing data from Prospect Role paying customers for the fulfilment of payments for the Service.
For improvement of the Service and analytics
To help improve the Service, our website and to develop new features and functionality we collect and analyse usage information. Processing User Data for analytics purposes is done in aggregated or anonymised form.
We process User Data only where:
- Processing User Data is necessary for providing the Service.
- Processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
- Processing is in legitimate interests of Prospect Role, but not in conflict of our users’ rights.
Your rights/controls and choices
You have the following rights in relation to the personal data that we hold about you:
- To access your personal data, and some related information as described in the section below “know if we have information concerning you and what that information is”;
- To require any inaccurate personal data be rectified, completed including by means of providing a supplementary statement;
- To require us to delete the personal data in certain circumstances;
- To require us to restrict or block the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances (when processing is restricted, we can still store your personal data, but may not use it further);
- To obtain from us your personal data, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format in certain circumstances. Further, you may have the right to require us to transmit your personal data directly to another person where it is technically feasible to do so; and
- To object to our use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes at any time and you may have the right to object to our processing of some or all of your personal data (and require them to be deleted) in some other circumstances;
- To withdraw your consent about our processing your personal data at any time.
Update, correct and delete your information
If you’re a direct user of our service, you can log in to your account and update your information directly there.
We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Know if we have information concerning you and what that information is
In particular, you have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and, where that is the case, to access the personal data and the following information:
- If you’re in our database
- Exactly what data we hold
- The purposes of the processing
- How long the data will be kept
- Where exactly on the web that information has been found
- All other information as mentioned in article 15 of the GDPR
To get started, reach out at support[at]prospectrole.com
Disable the processing and permanently remove all of your data
If you’re a user of our service, you can request us to permanently delete your account.
If your data was found online, reach out to get full control over it. You can delete all your data directly online without having to send a request via email.If you have any concerns, please reach out first so we can have a chance to help: support[at]prospectrole.com
Services used to manage data
To provide our services, we rely on other companies that can partially manage your data. We carefully select our providers to ensure the privacy and security of your data. Our biggest providers are:
- Hosting and content delivery:
- Customer support
- Email marketing:
- Google Analytics
- For internal collaboration and emails:
Duration of Data processing
For users of our service, we process your data as long as your account stays active and after 3 years of inactivity. Once your account is deleted or after 3 years of inactivity, we remove almost everything within a few days and all remaining artifacts within 3 months. If you’ve paid for Prospect Role, we might keep some information regarding your company for longer to comply with our legal obligations.
Securing Data and Data Compliance
We take the security of the data we manage very seriously and always try to keep our methods up-to-date.
The servers we use to store and process personal data are exclusively in the European Union.
Updates and Contact
Date of last revision: 11 Dec 2022
The company behind Prospect Role, Prospect Role OÜ is incorporated in Estonia. You can reach us via email: support[at]prospectrole.com.